[Tutor] Python scripts-MAWS and JAWS

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 19 12:38:36 EST 2019

On 19/12/2019 16:28, Bruno Cramer wrote:

> In year 2015 iGEM Heidelberg team developed an aptamer design tool called
> MAWS written in Python. In my opinion an excellent tool, if put to work.
>
> I tried to run the program for several weeks without success. As it uses
> AMBER software as platform, I also updated the M.A.W.S script with the
> corresponding force fields, etc.
> However, the program keeps showing error when running.

OK, First I have to point out that this list is for those studying the
core language and its standard library, so this isa bit off topic and
you are not likely to find many users of gis software here.

You might find some users on the SciPy mailing list, failing that you
could try the main Python mailing list, where the Python guru's hang out.

But before trying either you need some extra information.

Python version, OS, and the actual error trace - all of it - to paste
into your message. Don;t expect anyone to download and run an
application - that may be of no use to them! - just to answer
your question. You will need to generate the errors.

If you need to feed it data then a few lines of sample data
will help too. Plus any corresponding data output - ideally the
actual output for the provided sample input..

> Link to program MAWS and JAWS download.
> http://2015.igem.org/Team:Heidelberg/software/maws

Clicking on the Team->Attributions link takes me to a page of links to
contact details. That might get you someone who can help...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site