[Tutor] How to get all previous revision entries of a wikipedia page?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 18:17:43 EST 2018

On 16/02/18 22:50, Daniel Bosah wrote:
> Now, I'm totally lost on how to do this. I have never used a API before,
> and I'm not sure how to use the Wikipedia API. Is there any resource anyone
> can point me to to help me do this? To not only use the API but to also
> parse through all the previous edits?

A Google search for Wikipedia API Python led me to this article:

http://2015.compjour.org/tutorials/exploring-wikipedia-api-via-python/

It covers basic use of the API to retrieve data and the lxzml
parser to extract fields from the returned XML

It should get you started.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site