[Tutor] Problem with Spyder IDE in Anaconda3

Stephen P. Molnar s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 27 15:52:10 EST 2017

On 02/27/2017 02:29 PM, Marc Tompkins wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Stephen P. Molnar
> <s.molnar at sbcglobal.net <mailto:s.molnar at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>
>     I had sent the following message to Anaconda Support:
>
>     I have just installed anaconda3-4.3.0 and upgraded Spyder to v-3.1.3.
>
>     When I open Spyder and run a python script that has run perfectly in
>     a previous  version of Spyder I get the results that I expect,but
>     with 'Kernel died, restarting' and I get a new iPython console
>     prompt. Also a popup that asks 'Do  you want to close this
>     console?'.  If I answer 'No' I get the following in the Internal
>     Console:
>

>     Spyder Internal Console
>
>     This console is used to report application
>     internal errors and to inspect Spyder
>     internals with the following commands:
>        spy.app, spy.window, dir(spy)
>
>     Please don't use it to run your code
>
>      >>> WARNING:traitlets:kernel restarted
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>        File
>     "/home/comp/Apps/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qtconsole/base_frontend_mixin.py",
>     line 163, in _dispatch
>          handler(msg)
>        File
>     "/home/comp/Apps/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/spyder/widgets/ipythonconsole/namespacebrowser.py",
>     line 192, in _handle_execute_reply
>          super(NamepaceBrowserWidget, self)._handle_execute_reply(msg)
>        File
>     "/home/comp/Apps/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qtconsole/jupyter_widget.py",
>     line 184, in _handle_execute_reply
>          super(JupyterWidget, self)._handle_execute_reply(msg)
>        File
>     "/home/comp/Apps/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qtconsole/frontend_widget.py",
>     line 492, in _handle_execute_reply
>          self._request_info['execute'].pop(msg_id)
>     KeyError: '50af986d-2e5c-4cef-aef4-827370619c86'
>
>     Very strange, and most annoying.
>
>     I received an answer:
>
>     I know a solution for this problem. I guess you are using Kaspersky
>     product. You need to add "python.exe", and "pythonw.exe" of Anaconda
>     specific into Exclusions list and make them trusted applications.
>

>     Where would I find such a list?  There is no mention of such a list
>     in the Debian Handbook and a Google search didn't find anything that
>     I could see would apply to solution to this problem.  Nothing I
>     found about the Kaspersky product told me where (or how) to find an
>     exclusion list.
>

> With the usual caveats that your question isn't Python-specific, here's
> the page from Kaspersky's website on how to create exclusions:
> https://support.kaspersky.com/2695#block2
>
> But: are you actually running Kaspersky Antivirus on a Debian machine?
> Nothing wrong with that if so, but it's pretty unusual.  If not, then
> you need to push the Anaconda people a bit harder for ideas.

To the best of my knowledge I am not running any anti-virus software.
This has always been a Linux computer and there has been no need.

In fact, this has only happened since I had to reinstall Debian v8.5 and
all of the upgrades.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.		Life is a fuzzy set
www.molecular-modeling.net		Stochastic and multivariate