[Tutor] Problem in python online class

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 04:09:38 EST 2017

On 21/12/17 08:40, Tim Cordsen via Tutor wrote:

> ...doesn't provide his code, so everyone must type on their own.

Thats not necessarily a bad thing. You only really
learn when you type in your own code. Its like muscle
memory for the brain and fingers.

> web frontend with a form and saving the data of the form to mongodb.

I assume you mean a static HTML page containing a form
and a simple submit button? There's no Python involved
at this stage? Or are you creating the form from Python?

> I have the form, but can't see the result in the console.

Which console are you referring to?
The web browser console? An OS console - in which
case what are you running in it? Or is this a Python
"console" as part of some kind of IDE?

I wouldn't expect you to see the results of a web
form submission in any consoles by default. So you
must have done something to connect the web browser
or server or mongo to a console, but I don't
understand which?

> Is anybody willing to check my code and tell me where is my mistake?

Sure, but could you post both the HTML form as well as
the Python code. And also tell us which web framework
you are using? CGI, Flask, Pylons, Django, etc?
And maybe which web server too?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site