[Tutor] Noob: nested if-clauses

John Wong gokoproject at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 15:57:22 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com>
wrote:

> When I first heard that python was white-space sensitive I
> thought, oh no! But now I see it as a huge strength of the
> language. Once you get used to it you will find it helps
> far more than it hinders - just avoid tabs and/or map your
> tab key to spaces.

Just want to emphasize: use a tool that actually works for you and for the
programming tool. In general, any modern IDE is capable of doing the right
thing. NotePad++ is also capable, but avoid anything like WordPad or
NotePad, if they are still around...
Lastly, most projects I encounter do use 4-space, but some projects (and
notably Google projects internally) would use 2-space, so you almost never
have to worry about mixing 4-space and 2-space in your code. It just happen
that sometimes some people publish code under tab or 2 space and if you
just copy-paste you can run into issues, just FYI for the beginners.

Thanks.

John