[Tutor] key detection

Jim Mooney Py3.4.3winXP cybervigilante at gmail.com
Wed May 6 02:00:36 CEST 2015

On 5 May 2015 at 16:47, Jim Mooney Py3.4.3winXP <cybervigilante at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But that didn't work. How can I get a printout of setup errors so I can
> post them?

I remembered how to copy the DOS console. Here is the error. Error wasn't
in setup.py so that wouldn't have worked anyway.

C:\Python34\Lib\site-packages\readchar-1.1.0>python3 setup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 39, in <module>
    long_description=read_description(),
  File "setup.py", line 11, in read_description
    return fd.read()
  File "c:\python34\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode
    return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position
2468: cha
racter maps to <undefined>

--
Jim

"What a rotten, failed experiment. I'll start over. Maybe dogs instead of
monkeys this time." --God