[Tutor] cannot get a label message to display immediately

Bill Allen wallenpb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:32:59 CEST 2015

I am working in Tkinter.   The scenario is that I click a button that
starts a function running.   No problem there.   However, the function may
take some time to run and I do not want the user to be worried.   I am
wanting to immediately set a label when the function starts to say "Please
Wait".  However, the label does not show up until the function completes.
How do I get both actions to happen essentially at the same time, the
writing of the label and the execution of the function?  I have no code to
show on this one because I am lost in the weeds, not sure of the general
way to go on this.

Thanks,
--Bill Allen