[Tutor] Does composition only work with particular instances of objects?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 15:17:06 CEST 2015

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 2:50 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

> So, unless the book explains why this is bad practice and
> goes on to show a good example, I must conclude its a very
> bad example.

I found the errata pages for the book
(http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/errata.csp?isbn=0636920028659) and a
Jeff Bienstadt submitted this on Aug 05, 2015.  Mr. Bienstadt did a
fine job of making his points.  The author acknowledged his errors
with:

"Thanks for catching this. You are completely correct, and your
example code proves it. I regret the error. I would blame my cat, but
this one wasn't his fault."

So obviously the quality control process let this one slip through the cracks.

--
boB