[Tutor] Introductory questions on test-driven development and implementing Git version control.

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 05:15:20 CEST 2015

I saw something on Python-List that I think is worth getting on this
list as Mark gave a very good reference...

>Mark Lawrence wrote on Python-List:
>>On 25/04/2015 01:51, Terry Reedy wrote:

>>Based on my experience reading newbie posts on python list and
>>Stackoverflow, learning to write real functions, without input and
>>print, and repeatable tests, is the most important thing many people are
>>not learning from programming books and classes.

>Got to start them off somewhere so http://nedbatchelder.com/text/test0.html

It is a talk that Ned Batchelder gave at PyCon 2014 called, "Getting
Started Testing". You can watch the actual video (Which I just did.),
go through the slides or read the slides with the video comments
transcribed in. After watching the video, I feel I have a much greater
understanding of testing and Python's tools to support it than I did a
few minutes ago. I highly recommend watching this video -- Mr.
Batchelder is a very good speaker and presents his material very
effectively. Many thanks, Mark, for this link!

boB