[Tutor] migrating python to a new machine

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 02:52:19 CEST 2015

General question. I'm thinking of moving to a new machine although I hate
to abandon trusty XP. Will I have to reinstall all my pip installed modules
or can I just copy the site-packages directory? And if so, is anything else
needed, such as where pip keeps its uninstall info?

Finally, is there such a thing as a standalone Python? I use a number of
standalone programs so it seems to me it should be possible.

--
Jim

"Stop, Harold! That bagel has radishes!"
"Thank God, Mary - you've saved me again!"