[Tutor] ran into a problem with pip install

Clayton Kirkwood crk at godblessthe.us
Tue Nov 25 05:28:15 CET 2014

I was trying to pip install beautifulsoup and ran into the following error.
It appears to be 2.x because of the print. I am installing to a python
3.4.2. What do I need to do? I tried to log a bug report to PyPI Bug Reports
but that apparently isn't the cool thing to do. I can't perceive why the
test failed.

TIA,

Clayton

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]

Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Dad>pip requests

ERROR: unknown command "requests"

C:\Users\Dad>pip requests install

ERROR: unknown command "requests"

C:\Users\Dad>pip install requests

Downloading/unpacking requests

Installing collected packages: requests

Successfully installed requests

Cleaning up...

C:\Users\Dad>pip install beautiful

Downloading/unpacking beautiful

  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement beautiful

Cleaning up...

No distributions at all found for beautiful

Storing debug log for failure in
C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\pip\pi

p.log

C:\Users\Dad>pip install beautifulsoup

Downloading/unpacking beautifulsoup

  Downloading BeautifulSoup-3.2.1.tar.gz

  Running setup.py
(path:C:\Windows\system32\config\SYSTEM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\

pip_build_SYSTEM\beautifulsoup\setup.py) egg_info for package beautifulsoup

    Traceback (most recent call last):

      File "<string>", line 17, in <module>

      File
"C:\Windows\system32\config\SYSTEM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\pip_build_SYS

TEM\beautifulsoup\setup.py", line 22

        print "Unit tests have failed!"

                                      ^

    SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'

    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:

    Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<string>", line 17, in <module>

  File
"C:\Windows\system32\config\SYSTEM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\pip_build_SYSTEM\

beautifulsoup\setup.py", line 22

    print "Unit tests have failed!"

                                  ^

SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'

Cleaning up...

Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 in