[Tutor] Why is Quick Search at docs.Python.org so useless?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 00:59:45 CEST 2014

On 06/07/2014 21:57, Danny Yoo wrote:
> Let's summarize.  As it stands, this really is out of our direct
> control, as Deb mentions.
>
> The actions we can do seems to be:
>
>    2.  Direct feedback to the Python web site maintainers so that
> either they fix the problem or are at least aware that something is
> deficient.

This has been known about for years.  If my understanding is correct
much of the web support is done on the same basis as (c)Python support,
i.e. volunteers.  Given that the completely updated site only went live
within the past few months, I believe that fixing the search was not
very high up the priority list, possibly not even on it :(

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---