[Tutor] Why is Quick Search at docs.Python.org so useless?

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 23:44:11 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Danny Yoo <dyoo at hashcollision.org> wrote:

>  2.  Direct feedback to the Python web site maintainers so that either
they fix the problem or are at least aware that something is deficient.

Google offers a per-site custom search; it's free for very basic
functionality and not very expensive for the whole enchilada.  (In any
case, Google has got enough value out of Python over the years that I bet
they'd provide it for free, if asked.)  I suppose there might be a bit of
DIY pride to be lost in using an out-of-the box solution, but...

>  4.  Ignore.
>  * I will ignore option #4.

I see what you did there.