[Tutor] Mastering the fundamentals

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 15:09:17 CET 2014

On 01/03/2014 09:30 AM, Christian Alexander wrote:
> Hello Tutorians,
>
> I've just recently acquired "Learning Python", and I must state that it is
> a fairly thorough book.  However it seems as if I am learning at a very
> slow pace, so my question is, as far as setting a goal to master the
> basics, where should I be within a years time?  Assuming I spend at least 2
> hours of actual coding time per day.

I'd say there is no common pace. Differences between (future) programmers are
huge. Also faster pace at a given period does not mean higher quality or
competence eventually, and lower pace at a given period does not mean lower
quality or competence eventually.

(This applies to any complex or creative domain.)

(I'd also say: do as you feel it; listen to, be confident in, follow your
intuition; who alse can know what's good [pace] for you.)

Denis