[Tutor] confusing installation

Lolo Lolo losermeloser at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 12:50:29 CET 2013

>Welcome to the world of software development. GUIs like Windows are great for doing simple things but they can't compete with >command line tools for doing powerful things quickly. So pretty much every programmer has to get used to using the command line >sooner or later.

>If you are not used to using the Windowsc CMD program there are several short tutorials available to help you get started.

so CMD has features like linux when you can download/install/build files from the command line? i didnt think this was possible

>easy install is a toolset for making the installation of Python modules easy. Again there are tutorials/manual pages available and the >first time you use it you may want to read one of those.

on a google search for easy install, easy install python was auto completed. Is this what im after or is it easy install windows?

>It sounds to me like finding a new tutorial that takes a slower pace might be your best option here. Do you know what you are trying >to >learn specifically? Or is it just the next topic in the tutorial? Do you have a specific need to use SQL Alchemy? If not maybe you >can >just jump over a chapter tor two...

i want to learn about how to use databases and this specific chapter is meant to introduce its readers to options available (not just SQLAlchemy). It's already at a beginner's level so i might run into the same problems else where. i will look for some easy install tutorials