[Tutor] looking for volunteers with testing simple python program

Lukas Nemec lu.nemec at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 16:17:59 CEST 2013

Hello,

I changed some simple python client/server chatroom recipe
to include RSA keypair based encryption and signature verification

because I'm sick of someone spying on my conversations on FB and similar.

Here is the code:

     https://github.com/lunemec/python-chat

If anyone is interrested in trying the software - mostly bughunting and
improvements

please run these commands after downloading the source codes:

     cd client
|openssl genrsa -out your_cert_name.pem -des3 4096
||openssl rsa -pubout -in yourt_cert_name.pem -passin
pass:"yourpassword" -out your_chatroom_nick.pub

## After this step, please send me your_chatroom_nick.pub file, it
should have the same name.pub as you want to use in the chatroom,
otherwise we can't decrypt your messages

     # if you don't have pycrypt, then sudo pip install pycrypto
     python client.py your_chatroom_nick nemec.lu 3490
your_cert_name.pem yourpassword

Now we should be able to chat :)

Enjoy, and please don't kill me for writing here :)

Lukas