[Tutor] Which pip for Ubuntu 12.04

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sun Feb 10 17:01:14 CET 2013

On 02/09/2013 05:46 AM, Albert-Jan Roskam wrote:
> [...]

I usually install from the repositories or maybe a ppa so I don't
believe I have ever done an install from a tar.  If necessary I will
familiarize myself with the command you gave (yes I saw your followup
changing -xvr to -xvf) and install that way.

However, I still wonder if using the outdated pip from the repository
will allow me to install the latest python packages?  Will trying to use
an outdated pip cause me problems?

> But you're right, I also nnoticed that the Canonical repositories are
> a little outdated sometimes. Would be nice if it's possible to add
> pypi.org, so updating would be easier.
>
> Albert-Jan

Thanks,  Jim