[Tutor] building a website with python

James Reynolds eire1130 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 00:58:39 CEST 2013

As far as hosts, I use digital ocean. It's a cloud based thing like EC2,
but it's cheap (5/10/20 and up). You will of course have to configure
everything yourself, but that's not such a bad thing.

It will give you good experience configuring a linux box as well and
learning about deployment.

Since I'm a django developer, I'm going to suggest you learn that of
course. But, there are others out there. However, with Django you get the
Django eco system, which is large and very helpful.

For example, you can use fabric for easy deployment, south for database
migrations, celery for task management and so and so forth.

Even simple websites could find some use in south and fabric.