[Tutor] python new window

Tahir Hafiz tahir.hafiz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:35:28 CEST 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:18 PM, zack dunphey
<zach_dunphey at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> I have used python a lot at school and am relatively good with it.  I just
> tried to get it on my mac and i try to open a "new window" and every time I
> do  it freezes and i have to either do a forced quit or unplug the whole
> computer.  I have been able to get into a "new window" through programs i
> saved on a jump drive at school and brought home but every time i try to do
> anything from that window it freezes.  i tried re downloading it but that
> didn't help.
> can some one please help me
> zack dunphey

Hi Zac,

Mac OS X comes with python already installed - just open a 'Terminal' and
type python.
In a Windows environment you have to install Python (or perhaps run it from
a flash drive) but in Mac OS X Python comes as part of the
system so you don't need to mess around downloading it and trying to
install it.

Hope that helps,

Tahir