[Tutor] python new window

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 28 20:17:07 CEST 2012

On 11/09/12 22:18, zack dunphey wrote:
> I have used python a lot at school and am relatively good with it.
 > I just tried to get it on my mac and i try to open a "new window"

OK, Python doesn't have any windows so you must be talking about
some kind of add-on tool - like IDLE maybe? If so please be specific
about which tool, which python version, which OS (MacOSX here
I assume) and exactly what you did - which menu, command key etc you used.

 > I have been able to get into a "new window" through programs
 > i saved on a jump drive at school and brought home

Again using which OS, which python version, which tool?

> but every time i try to do anything from that window it freezes.

Which Window?

> i tried re downloading it but that didn't help.

What exactly are you downloading? How are you installing it? And how are
you running it?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site