[Tutor] Adding a gifting option too basic shipping page

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 18 00:36:56 CET 2012

On 10/11/12 19:48, Elizabeth Balderston wrote:

> I'm attempting to use Python in order to set up a basic shipping order
> page.

OK, I'll assume that you mean you are building a web app rather than a
desktop?
If so which web framework are you using, if any?

> I  realized that I had forgotten a gift option that would automatically
> affect the price if checked.
>
> I have no idea how to add this feature to my program or if it will
> change the whole thing so I have to start from scratch.

And with no idea of what your design is like or which framework you are
using neither does anyone else. This is a mailing list for folks
learning to program with Python. Its focus is on Python itself and the
standard library.

You question is probably more related ton the web framework you are
using and as such is better answered by their forum.

However, even there, much will depend on how you have structured your
application. Are you using a templating system to separate the web page
design from the code? Are you using a database, and if so are you
accessing it via an object-relational wrapper? Is it an MVC framework?
Without knowing any of that we can only make the wildest guesses about
your solution.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site