[Tutor] feedback on writing pipelines in python

Abhishek Pratap abhishek.vit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 19:03:52 CET 2012

Hi Guys

I am  in the process of perl to python transition for good.  I wanted to
get some feedback or may be best practice for the following.

1. stitch pipelines : I want python to act as a glue allowing me to run
various linux shell based programs. If needed wait for a program to finish
and then move on, logs if required

2. run the same pipeline but on a local grid if required. (SGE flavor
mainly)

Any modules which can reduce the number of lines i write will be helpful.

Thanks!
-Abhi