[Tutor] Writing to Sound

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Wed Sep 15 02:30:39 CEST 2010

  Greetings tutors.

First off, here is what I'm doing. I'm taking pi (3.141592 etc. etc.
etc.), taking two values at a time, and then mapping the two values to
pitch and length. I'm then using winsound.Beep to beep for x ms, at y
frequency. What I want to do, is write that to file. Judging from
http://codingmess.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-to-make-simple-wav-file-with-python.html,
it seems to be more complex than I care to undertake without exploring
the possibilities. Are there any simpler or higher level ways? I
wouldn't mind something like sound_file.write(freq, length) like Beep
does, but that may or may not exist. I dunno, a simple google doesn't
yield anything.

Thanks!