[Tutor] Macbook Pro+python programming

Shashwat Anand anand.shashwat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 19:42:59 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Marco Rompré <marcodrompre at gmail.com>wrote:

> Does anybody know any good python emulator that would work perfectly with
> Mac OSX Leopard?

Why emulator ? Python 2.6.1 is pre-installed. You can install newer versions
too.

> Because I just got a brand new Mac (the one on apple store) and it seems
> that the build in Python 2.6.1 from darwin is garbage I'm running a 2,88 ghz
> dual core and each time I open terminal, then type idle and try to use IDLE
> the screen freezes (something you would never expect with a computer with my
> specs) and I must force quit the application to be able to continue using my
> computer.

The problem you seems is to be having with IDLE. I never had any problem,
but you can try vim+bpython, or textmate or other eclipse+pydev. IDLE is a
poor choice for coding in python IMHO.

> Please someone help me!!!!
> I'm at university and I always do python in my intro course.

Lucky that you do it in your intro course. We had C++ which kinda sucks :(

~l0nwlf