[Tutor] GUI Creation Aide

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 14:32:43 CEST 2010

On 7/14/10, Corey Richardson <kb1pkl at aim.com> wrote:
> Hey tutors! I'm creating a GUI for a program. Really simple. I don't
> mind coding it out, but I was looking into things like Glade and the
> like. Do you recommend those over just coding it out by hand, or should
> I try Glade (or similiar) out? Also, I don't really have a preference
> for which toolkit I use, wx/Tk/GTK, etc.
I have only ever used wx with the XRCed program, but I really like it.
Learning xrc is pretty straightforward, and there are some good
tutorials for it. It also has the advantage of keeping the code
generating your gui separate from your program, so code management is
easier. I have heard xrc/python compared to css/html regarding code
separation. For a really simple gui it is probably not too important,
but if you do larger projects later on it will probably make life
easier.

> Thanks,
> ~Corey Richardson

Have a great day,