[Tutor] Help with choices for new database program

Jeff Johnson jeff at san-dc.com
Sat Jul 3 03:44:48 CEST 2010

On 07/02/2010 06:32 PM, David Hutto wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:31 PM, David Hutto<smokefloat at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> Well, it was mainly that he said he was a beginner and was only using
>> this for a single banking project, I do believe.
>>
>> Not that learning a new package would
> wouldn't
>

>   be helpful, I like
>
>> experimenting, and failing/succeeding, but if this is all he needs to
>> accomplish, then not using more than is necessary would be beneficial.
>> A simple script, with simple sqlite fields to maintain.

David:  Experimenting, failing and succeeding is the life of a
programmer.  I have been programming for many years in assemply,
FORTRAN, COBOL, Basic, RPG, FoxPro, C, but I am now totally committed to
Python.  It is the best of all worlds.  Coming from the Microsoft side,
open source and Python creates a whole new set of problems.  Do I use
Windows?  Do I use Linux?  Do I use my Mac Book Pro?  You do have to
make some decisions before moving on.  The choices are endless.

I have found Dabo and Django to be beneficial for me because they target
what I want to do.

Your mileage may vary.  ;^)

--
Jeff