[Tutor] Writing scripts and apps for Internet consumption

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 04:53:31 CEST 2010

On 7/31/2010 6:40 PM, Eric Hamiter wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 4:48 PM, bob gailer <bgailer at gmail.com
> <mailto:bgailer at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Please post that code, and the URL you use to invoke it.
>

> test.py: this works on my laptop but not on the server
>
> http://pastebin.com/ChjUzLRU
>
> test-working.py: this works on both laptop & server
>
> http://pastebin.com/iLNTrGdW
>
> both available for execution here:
>
> http:// <http://erichamiter.com/xkred27/>erichamiter.com/
> <http://erichamiter.com/xkred27/>xkred27/
> <http://erichamiter.com/xkred27/>
>

>     Do you import cgi?
>

> Yes.
>

>     There is a companion module (cgitb) that captures exceptions and
>     returns the traceback to the web browser.
>

> I tried that as well. I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental here,
> but that's kind of obvious since I posted I don't know what I'm doing
> in the first place! :)

Main difference I see is lack of any html tags in test.py! Try adding

   1.
      print "<html><head>"
   2.
      print "<title>Publix Aide</title>"
   3.
      print "</head><body>"
   4.
      # the store map print statements go here
   5.
      print "</body></html>"

Where is erichamiter.com/ <http://erichamiter.com/xkred27/> hosted? Is
there a way I could put something there?

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239