[Tutor] Searching backwards from end of string

Angus Rodgers angusr at bigfoot.com
Sat Jul 11 11:28:51 CEST 2009

Robert Berman <bermanrl at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>A nifty 'notation like "[::-1]"' is an example of something called
>slicing which you will find very well explained in 6.1 of CORE PYTHON
>PROGRAMMING.  I thought that you had reviewed this since it precedes the
>questions in Chapter 6. It is a very handy tool for not only strings,
>but lists and dictionaries as well.

I'm baffled as to how you could read both of my messages without
seeing the bit in the first message where I explained that I had
used [::-1] in a previous exercise (and chosen, for good reasons
or bad, not to use it in this one), and then the bit in the second
message where I repeated this information, carefully and briefly,
because you seemed to have missed it the first time!  I hope I'm
not being rude, but I just don't know what else to say.  I can't
see that I'm at fault here.  If I am, please explain.
--
Angus Rodgers