[Tutor] tkinter and visual with objects

Mr Gerard Kelly s4027340 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Feb 5 02:21:43 CET 2009

I'm trying to make this very simple program, where the idea is that you
click a tkinter button named "Ball" and then a ball will appear in the
visual window.

Problem is that the window itself doesn't pop up until the button is
pressed and the ball is created. I would like it to start out blank, and
then have the ball appear in it when the button is pressed.

I thought that having "self.display=display()" in the __init__ of the
Application would do this, but it doesn't seem to.

What do I need to add to this code to make it start out with a blank window?

from visual import *
from Tkinter import *
import sys

class Ball:
  def __init__(self):
    sphere(pos=(0,0,0))

class Application:
  def __init__(self, root):

    self.frame = Frame(root)
    self.frame.pack()

    self.display=display()

    self.button=Button(self.frame, text="Ball", command=self.ball)
    self.button.pack()

  def ball(self):
    self.ball=Ball()

root=Tk()