[Tutor] finding mismatched or unpaired html tags

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 03:08:56 CEST 2009

Dinesh B Vadhia wrote:
> A.T. / Marty
>
> I'd prefer that the html parser didn't replace the missing tags as I
> want to know where and what the problems are.  Also, the source html
> documents were generated by another computer ie. they are not web page
> documents.

If the source document was generated by a computer, and it produces
invalid markup, shouldn't that be considered a bug in the producing
program? Is it possible to fix the producing program instead (i.e. is it
under your control)? [Or are you trying to know where the errors are
because you're currently debugging it?]