[Tutor] finding mismatched or unpaired html tags

Martin Walsh mwalsh at mwalsh.org
Tue Apr 28 16:14:22 CEST 2009

Dinesh B Vadhia wrote:
> A.T. / Marty
>
> I'd prefer that the html parser didn't replace the missing tags as I
> want to know where and what the problems are.  Also, the source html
> documents were generated by another computer ie. they are not web page
> documents.  My sense is that it is only a few files out of tens of
> thousands.  Cheers ...
>
> Dinesh

If this is a one time task, write a script to iterate over the html
files, and collect the traceback info from those that throw a
'mismatched tag' error. Based on your example below, it appears to
contain the line number. You'd only get one error per file per run, but
you can run it until there are no errors remaining. I hope that makes
sense.

HTH,
Marty