[Tutor] decision structures

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 21 11:16:16 CEST 2008

"Brummert_Brandon" <Brummert_Brandon at roberts.edu> wrote

> Hello.  I am working with python for computer science this semester.
> I am having a difficult time on one of my lab assignments

We won't do your homework for you but we can offer specific
help for specific queries. But you need to help us help you.

> .  It is in the python programming book in chapter 7

Which Python programming book - there are literally dozens?!

> I am being asked to write a program in that accepts a date
> in the form month/date/year and outputs whether the date
> is valid.  For example, 5/24/1962 is valid but 9/31/2000 is
> not because September only has 30 days.

Since the exercise is around decision structures I assume
that using the standard Python date handling modules is
not allowed/acceptable?

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site