[Tutor] Promlem positioning the cursor by mouse in Idle

Sommer, Matthias Matthias.Sommer at wincor-nixdorf.com
Mon May 26 12:53:09 CEST 2008

Hello,

after asking already in some other places without getting helpful answers, I'll try to bother you:

I use Idle under Windows and it workes to my pleasure. Now I tried under Linux and I have the problem, that I cannot position the cursor by clicking somewhere in the text.
This happens under Mandriva (2008) and under Arch Linux (Arch 64, normal Arch and FaunOS). It does work under Xandros (on the eee pc). From the german python newsgroup I have reports that it is working in Ubuntu and Suse. So I don't think it's a Linux problem but a problem of Idle (or TK?) not working correctly for some distros.

Can anyone give me a hint where I can look to get it working?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Matthias Sommer
Entwicklung - Firmware/Elektronik

Wincor Nixdorf Technology GmbH
Am Vogelherd 67
D - 98693 Ilmenau, Germany

Tel.:        +49 (0) 36 77 862-194
Fax:        +49 (0) 36 77 862-199
E-Mail:    matthias.sommer at wincor-nixdorf.com
               www.wincor-nixdorf.com <http://www.wincor-nixdorf.com/>

--
Wincor Nixdorf Technology GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.