[Tutor] TurtleWorld Windows issue

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 21:41:16 CEST 2008

You could always use a linux live cd ;) Heck some of them can even
emulate linux in windows!

That's my best solution in the short time I've got.

HTH,
Wayne

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 1:26 PM,  <odispam at sonic.net> wrote:
> I am working through _Think Python_ in spare time at work on a Windows
> machine (so another OS is not an option).  I can't get TurtleWorld to run
> as described in the book
> (http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/book005.html).
>
> I'm replicating the issue described here:
>
> http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=481091
>
> Using Windows XP, Idle v. 1.2.2, Python 2.5.2, Swampy 1.1.
>
> After adding Swampy to the modules path:

> <TurtleWorld.TurtleWorld instance at 0x00C4C968>
>
> No new window appears, or if it appears, it closes nearly instantaneously.

> A new but empty window appears, titled "TurtleWorld (Not Responding)"
>
> Opening and running the TurtleWorld module through the Idle GUI menu
> produces a functioning TurtleWorld window, but this is not useful for the
> purposes of the exercises.
>
> This is probably more of an Idle/Windows issue than a python issue, but I
> won't be able to get through Think Python unless I resolve it. Does anyone
> have an answer?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Oliver

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being
called gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly:
every weakness, every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its
ennoblement and exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi