[Tutor] What web framework?

Ben Bartrum bba at inbox.com
Tue Jan 29 16:39:08 CET 2008

Yes, CherryPy is an excellent, and uniquely straightforward tool for writing a database-driven web application.  I'd start looking into things like Django for larger sites where you also want templating, and client-side interactivity through JavaScript etc.
In my simple CherryPy apps, I use Python's own (%) string substitution instead of a templating language, so a simple CherryPy app can consist of pure Python code, SQL queries and nothing else needed.