[Tutor] making math problems mmmm fun

David Perlman dperlman at wisc.edu
Tue Sep 11 15:15:49 CEST 2007

Also keep in mind that if you want your code to work, your grammar
and punctuation in code has to be absolutely flawless.  Writing
English well is excellent practice for writing code well; writing
English poorly is excellent practice for writing code poorly.

You get what you pay for.  If you put in the effort, you will reap
the reward.  If you don't put in the effort, you will reap the reward
of that instead, which is "teh suck"...  :)

On Sep 11, 2007, at 7:38 AM, Luke Paireepinart wrote:

> max baseman wrote:
>> lol sorry i was born with bad grammar and hand writing (although it's
>> the bit after being born that matters)
>>
> Just imagine you're talking instead of writing.  Everywhere you'd
> put a
> pause, put a comma.  If it seems like the end of a sentence, put a
> period.  In most cases, even bad punctuation will be better than no
> punctuation.  People's inner monologues will just take on a
> Christopher
> Walken accent as they read over your e-mails, but this is arguably
> not a
> bad thing.
> Grammar is something you can learn, not something inborn. Now is as
> good
> a time as any to start learning it.
> -Luke

All I ask is that the kind of unsolvable that it turns out to be has
respectable precedents.  -Jerry Fodor