[Tutor] Tkinter text

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 3 23:58:17 CEST 2007

"max baseman" <dos.fool at gmail.com> wrote

> i've got two questions, 1st how would you go about creating a hidden
> text file that trys on a apple and if that does not work tries to do
> it on a windows computer?

I don;t undeetabnd this bit. What does the text file try on
the Apple/Windows computer?

> the program I'm making is a vary simple text editor for one file all
> it needs to be able to do is add text and save. as far as i can see
> i'll mostly need to use the text widget but i cant find a tutorial
> for that widget mostly just for the text entry widget which is only
> for one line of text. if anyone knows a good tut that would be great

This should only be about 20 lines of code. The Text widget plus
the standard fole open/save dialogs should dop all you need.

For a very simple example of using the Text widget see the case
study and the Event Driven programming topics of my tutor.

For more detail see Fred Lundh's Tkinter reference.

When you get stuck ask here.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld