[Tutor] Web programming

Michael Langford mlangford.cs03 at gtalumni.org
Sun Nov 18 01:10:41 CET 2007

While CherryPy is suited to what you're doing, I personally think
Mod_Python and Apache are easier to use for this sort of thing. Here
is an article showing how to set it up:
http://modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/installation.html

And a good first quick program that clearly explains what errors mean
when you're trying to get it up and going:
http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/GettingModPythonWorking

I was amazed how helpful that second page was on setting things up. I
think it took me about 20-25 min.

   --Michael

On Nov 17, 2007 12:14 PM, Dinesh B Vadhia <dineshbvadhia at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!  I want to create (for testing purposes) a straightforward web
> application consisting of a client that makes simple queries to a backend
> which returns data from a database (initially pysqlite3).  That's it -
> really!   I don't need a professional web server (eg. Apache) per se.
>
> Are the Python urlparse, urllib, urllib2, httplib, BaseHTTPServer,
> SimpleHTTPServer etc. modules sufficient for the task.  The number of
> queries per second will initially be low, in the 10's/second.
>
> Dinesh

Michael Langford
Phone: 404-386-0495
Consulting: http://www.RowdyLabs.com