[Tutor] Is Python the language for me?

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Mon Jan 15 19:26:59 CET 2007

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Luke Paireepinart wrote:

> Okay, first thing to note:  a lot of Python developers prefer wxPython
> to Tkinter.

I'd second this.  I've never used wxPython, because the documentation is
not (at least to me) well suited to learning it (as opposed to using it
once you already understand the basics).

However, the recently published "wxPython in Action,"
http://www.manning.com/rappin/ , has changed that for me.  It's not
perfect, but it's very very good.  It has made wxPython accessible to me.

I've only used wxPython for a few toy demos to try out a few features, but
I'm now at the point that I don't plan on using Tkinter any more, and
that's all I've used for GUI apps for the past two years.