[Tutor] Picking Nits in "Learning to Program"

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 17 10:42:08 CET 2007

"Roel Schroeven" <rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm> wrote

> Notwithstanding my other mail, it might be better to use another
> term.
> Alan, you already use the name 'floating point numbers' in that
> section;

I did consider that but since some programming languages specifically
have a "Real" type(Pascal, Modula, etc) I decided to leave it as it
was.
Even though the 'Real' is really a Float...

> I think it's a bit better to always refer to those numbers by that
> name,
> and mention 'real numbers' as an alternative name. The opposite of
> the
> current situation more or less actually.

Yeah, That might be a better way to deal with it.
I'll consider a rewrite of that section to that style next time
through.
For now its not top of my priority list! :-)

Alan G.