[Tutor] Python Editors .. which do you reccomend for a amateur?

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 17:52:21 CEST 2007

Tony Noyeaux wrote:
> I've been using Python IDLE,.. tried DrPython,.. had a try of
> ActiveState Komodo IDE, Active Python,...
>
> What is a good python editor to use. I've seen good and bad with all
> of the above from my newcomer perspective.. wondering what other feel
> is a good editor to use... when you're new to python?
Well, I've tried a few editors, but since I swicth computers a lot, some
of which are Windows, where Vi and Emacs have to be installed
separately, I usually end up using IDLE.  Been using Python for 3 or 4
years now, and that's the editor that's by far seen the most use by me.
I'm sure there are some features in other development tools that might
speed up my programming a little bit, but since I'm in University right
now, and all my classes use C++, I don't have the time to dedicate to
Python to learn more powerful tools.