[Tutor] Getting Started with Python

tomd tomdrak at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 11:10:49 CEST 2006

Hi Will,

do a search in the archives, plenty of similar discussions, even just
few days ago. Try http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

(Admins: consider sending a welcome message on the subscription to
each newcomer specifying usually recommended sources.)

> just recently have made the time.  I thought through different
> languages to start with: C, C# (My work uses .NET), Java, Python,

Once you learn the basics, look for Python for .NET, IronPython,
http://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&ReleaseId=423.

I'm not sure how it measures up to C# nor whether it would be usable
in your work, but seems you could kill two flies in one hit that way.

--
Tom, http://www.vscripts.net/