[Tutor] Python Linux Distro Anyone

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Wed Nov 29 05:17:29 CET 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 10:45:29PM -0500, Amadeo Bellotti wrote:
> I was thinking it would be really nice if i could make a Pocket Linux distro
> that of course fits on one or two floppies (outdated I no but still are
> amazing) thats just the Linux kernel, bash, and python. with of course a lot
> of tiny scripts to do daily business and/or recovery. We could have a mail
> client, a text reader/editor, text based web browser, all in python. Of
> Course this will be a lot of work and it would be neat if the whole user
> group pitched in. so what I'm basically asking is that if you are interested
> email me and ill give you some detail.

What about the following?

    http://www.rpath.org/rbuilder/project/lamp/
    http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/Appliance:LAMP_Appliance

Not a floppy.  But, I believe that you would be able to boot from a
CD.

LAMP is more than Python, but Python is an important part of it.

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman