[Tutor] Alternatives to PY2EXE

Tim Golden Tim.Golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 12:16:31 CET 2006

[Chris Hengge]

| It really does boggle my mind how people can be so wierd when
| asked to run something that isn't a .exe... Guess its a
| side-effect of the windows generation.

I know exactly what you mean. I had to convince
a project manager once to use Python (in some small,
out-of-the-way aspect of the project) and ended up by
saying: 'If you were using foo.exe, created by VB6 (his
preferred tool, and highly unsuitable for the job in hand),
you'd put foo.exe doc.in doc.out". Using Python, you're simply
adding one more parameter: "python.exe foo.py doc.in doc.out"'
which at least convinced him enough to let me do it!

TJG