[Tutor] Pexpect logging out from a remote terminal

kieran flanagan kieran.flanagan at gmail.com
Thu May 25 15:02:54 CEST 2006

Hey

I have a script that logs into a remote terminal over ssh and executes a
script i.e.

1. Script logs into remote terminal over ssh
2. Executes another script that resides on the remote terminal, with the
command 'child.sendline(cmdString)', where cmdString is a reference to the
local script being run.

So I would like run the command 'child.sendline(cmdString)' in the
background, grab the output from the local script being run on the remote
terminal, redirect it into a logfile and I will have another function that
monitors when this is complete and then proceeds.

I have looked over numerous examples in my python cookbook but cannot see
anything that I could adapt to this.

Any suggestions on what I could do or where I could find some helpful info.

Thanks

"Behind every great man, there is a great woman. Behind that woman is Mr.T."