[Tutor] WinXP IDLE -> open file : how-to change default directory ?

Matthew Webber Matthew at CuneiformSoftware.com
Thu Jun 15 22:11:40 CEST 2006

Try right-clicking on the shortcut, select properties, and change the "start
in" value.
Matthew

P.S. When posting to the list, please use plain text format.

________________________________

	From: tutor-bounces at python.org [mailto:tutor-bounces at python.org] On
Behalf Of learner404
	Sent: 15 June 2006 20:09
	To: tutor at python.org
	Subject: [Tutor] WinXP IDLE -> open file : how-to change default
directory ?

	Hello,

	On WinXP IDLE will always 'open' in Python24 folder at startup.

	A beginner friend of mine hate that (personally I use SPE) and I
tried 'quickly' to find a way to configure that for him.

	I found all the .cfg files in idlelib and also the .idlerc folder in
the "Documents and settings" but I don't see how to give IDLE a default
directory at startup (or kipping in memory the last one opened).

	How to do that or is it just not possible ?

	Thanks

	learner404