[Tutor] WinXP IDLE -> open file : how-to change default directory ?

learner404 learner404 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 21:09:00 CEST 2006

Hello,

On WinXP IDLE will always 'open' in Python24 folder at startup.

A beginner friend of mine hate that (personally I use SPE) and I tried
'quickly' to find a way to configure that for him.

I found all the .cfg files in idlelib and also the .idlerc folder in the
"Documents and settings" but I don't see how to give IDLE a default
directory at startup (or kipping in memory the last one opened).

How to do that or is it just not possible ?

Thanks

learner404