[Tutor] connect to a remote machine - Linux

Roy Mac roymac1 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 12 00:41:19 CEST 2006

Try looking at PyDO - This provides an interface between Python and your
database.  This allows you to change your database at a later time and not
have to change any Python.

The excerpt below is from:
http://skunkweb.sourceforge.net/PyDO2/api/html/public/pydo-module.html

PyDO (Python Data Objects) is an object-relational wrapper for
relational databases.  It provides a convenient API for retrieving and
manipulating data without constraining in any way how the data is
persisted at the RDBMS level.  Supported databases are:

   * postgresql
   * mysql
   * sqlite
   * mssql