[Tutor] Cannot run .py file from apache web server , Guidance requested

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Tue Jan 31 16:24:25 CET 2006

John Joseph wrote:
> Hi
>     I  am trying to execute .py scripts from  my
> apache web server , but it is not giving the results
> as  how I run php files , it just displays the
> contents of the script , I am able to run and get
> results of PHP from the same loaction
> my “sample-test.py “file is as follows

For python scripts to run in my Apache2Triad installation the script
must start with #!h:/apache2triad/python/bin/python.exe
I suggest you add a similar comment (with your path to python.exe). When
I remove that line I get Server Error 500. So I think there is more
involved. In my Apache httpd.conf (configuration file) is the following:
#python config
LoadFile python\bin\python23.dll
#LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so
<IfModule mod_python.c>
Alias /python/ "h:/apache2triad/python/"
AddHandler python-program .spy
PythonHandler run_spyceModpy::spyceMain
AddHandler mod_python .psp
PythonHandler mod_python.psp
PythonDebug On
</IfModule>

Do you have anything like that in yours?