[Tutor] Cannot run .py file from apache web server , Guidance requested

John Joseph jjk_saji at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 13:24:07 CET 2006

Hi
    I  am trying to execute .py scripts from  my
apache web server , but it is not giving the results
as  how I run php files , it just displays the
contents of the script , I am able to run and get
results of PHP from the same loaction
my “sample-test.py “file is as follows

import cgi
reshtml = '''Content-Type: text/html\n
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>  Friends CGI Demo (dynamic screen)
</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><H3>Friends list for: <I> Joseph </I></H3>
Your name is: <B>John </B><P>
You have <B> 20</B> friends.
</BODY></HTML>'''
When I access this  script from the url
“http://192.168.20.99/~john/ sample-test.py”
in the browser I see the contents of the file , not
the result

Is there any function similar to phpino()  in python ,
so that I can test
                       Guidance requested ,
                                       Joseph John